Sensible Home Products installs and replaces shingle roofing systems in Berlin, CT and surrounding towns of; Cromwell, Newington, New Britain, Glastonbury, Simsbury, Granby, West Hartford, Manchester, Rocky Hill and beyond. There are several types of roofing shingles available, each with its own characteristics, advantages, and aesthetic appeal. Here are some common types of roofing shingles:
- Asphalt Shingles: Asphalt shingles are the most popular and widely used type of roofing shingles. They are affordable, durable, and come in a variety of styles and colors. Asphalt shingles are made from a fiberglass mat coated with asphalt and mineral granules.
- Architectural Shingles: Also known as dimensional or laminated shingles, architectural shingles are a premium type of asphalt shingles. They are thicker and have a more textured appearance compared to traditional asphalt shingles. Architectural shingles can mimic the look of wood shake or slate, providing an enhanced aesthetic appeal.
- Wood Shingles and Shakes: Wood shingles and shakes offer a natural and rustic appearance. They are typically made from cedar, redwood, or other types of wood. Wood shingles are machine-cut and have a consistent appearance, while wood shakes are hand-split for a more textured and irregular look.
- Metal Roofing: Metal roofing shingles are available in various materials, including aluminum, steel, copper, and zinc. They are durable, lightweight, and offer excellent longevity. Metal shingles come in different profiles and can mimic the appearance of other roofing materials such as wood or slate.
- Slate Shingles: Slate shingles are made from natural stone and are known for their elegance and durability. They have a distinctive appearance, with a smooth and flat surface. Slate shingles are long-lasting but can be more expensive and require professional installation due to their weight.
- Clay and Concrete Tiles: Clay and concrete tiles are popular in Mediterranean and Spanish-style architecture. They offer a distinctive appearance and excellent durability. Clay and concrete tiles are resistant to fire, rot, and insect damage. They are heavy, so proper roof structure support is necessary for installation.
- Synthetic Shingles: Synthetic shingles are designed to mimic the appearance of other roofing materials, such as slate, wood, or tile. They are typically made from a combination of polymers, rubber, and recycled materials. Synthetic shingles offer durability, lighter weight, and may be more affordable than the natural materials they imitate.
It’s important to consider factors such as your budget, climate, architectural style, and desired aesthetics when choosing the right type of roofing shingles for your property. Consulting with a professional Berlin roofing contractor can help you make an informed decision based on your specific needs and preferences. Sensible Home Products has earned hundreds of 5-star reviews from satisfied clients. Contact us today at 860-748-8910 to schedule a quick no-cost quote!